Monday 1 August 2011

Another Month has Flown Away

Cant believe how quickly July has gone, cant believe its August already !!!! not long now till September and Artful Splodger's first craft exhibitions ekkkkk were doing 2 in September which are:-

The Creative Craft Show - Sandown Surrey 16th - 18th Sept
and The Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show - Alexandra Palace 24th - 25th Sept

So if you live in the area or you are going to either of these shows, please pop by and say hello i'll be demo on the stand all weekend :)

Anyway enough of my waffling heres my journal page for July for Kates Calender Journal Challenge I used scrummy Tim Holtz sketchbook tissue tape around the edge of my page, love this stuff !!!!!

On another note I had a brilliant weekend, it was my friends hen do and we all went to Camber Sands and spent Saturday at Hastings having a picnic on the beach and looked around all the gorgeous antique shops then had a Mexican for dinner then we all went out clubbing dressed as ballerinas. Then yesterday before coming home we went to Rye for more antique and vintage shopping and fish and chips for lunch, YUM. Ill leave you with a picture of us all looking rather glam hahahaha
Just incase you dont know I'm the dark and purple haired one next to the bride wearing all white with the headband on xxxx

18 comments:

  1. great journal and love your outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love how you did the journalling. Looks like everyone is having fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun night was had by all you (graceful?) ballerinas :)
    I like the idea of using tissue tape for your border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you put the calendar dates in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal page, very creative and unique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the idea of tissue tape border and the way you have done the journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I love the look of your calendar pages. Like everyone else, I love the way you have done the journaling :-) Well done for keeping up so far ... only 5 months to go!
    You look v cute as a ballerina LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun night, glam girl!! You look great! I love your calendar! As soon as I get my camera card problem worked out, I can post mine. Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love the layout of your AJ pages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page, love the use of the tissue tape x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love the tape and the way you've laid out your dates

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great journal-love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pages Laura as always. Hope you had a great night you all look ace x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fun page. I like the way you did the journaling and the big boarder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pages, I keep wanting to try something different on mine but never happy with the results. Love the pic of the hen do - could'nt imagine myself in a ballerina outfit these days, hmm; not without an all-in-one body shaper thingy and a leotard with long sleeves, plus skin-coloured thick tights!!! Oh the ravages of age LOL
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab Laura, I love the vintage border around your journal! Hope you had a great time at your friend's hen do, it sounds brilliant! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the idea of the tissue tape border and the 'jigsaw' effect journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pages, I just love that tape also!!

    ReplyDelete