Thursday 7 April 2011

Day of the Dead Bombshell Style



I absolutely LOVED making this day of the dead shrine. I used one of the wooden box frames from the shop and painted it using Orange Sunset and Rasberry paint dabbers. I then hammered a load of metal bottle tops that I have been saving to make this shrine. The skull and flower images inside the bottle tops are bombshell stamps from the Sugar Skull set which I coloured and put stickles around the edges then used glossy accents to stick and seal them in. The main skull image, skull candles and roses are from the Alter Skulls set. The gems, skeleton hands and flowers are all stuff that ive been hoarding in my stash for a while.

Heres what it looks like in our bedroom, I think it looks quite at home in between our skull and candles from Paris, I think this may be its new home :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is pretty cool!! love the use of the bottle tops too!! fabulous xxx
    kazxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg - it's GORGEOUS and I now have serious skull envy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic colours in this my daughter would love the skull, I am enjoying the sweet pea stamp I got from the store.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Laura this is amazing, the colours are spectacular and the design...well it just wow
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!! LOVE IT!

    Brilliant use of the stamps with the bottle caps - I think I'll have to CASE you on that (crediting you as the source of course).

    You wield the Bombshells well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW serious stuff,love it, luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, this is STUNNING!!! I am so glad you mentioned it on my blog. Wow!!! I really want to make one for myself! I just got the SUgar Skulls set, and i have been itching to make something fantstic...I may need to borrow your idea! I love all of the colors, and the way all the different elemnts look together in the last photo. Amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely ADORE this!! i love skulls anyway but the colours & the bottletops are amazing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those amazing colours and it's such a striking project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning shrine box! I have been having my husband save all of his bottle caps for a similar treatmemt around a door frame. I am inspired to get started on that project today!! Thanks so much for the seed of inspiration I needed to get off mylazy butt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is this, love it especially the bottletops :D

    ReplyDelete